The Resource What was the Great Chicago Fire?
- What was the Great Chicago Fire?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Janet B. Pascal ; illustrated by Tim Foley
- trueGreat Fire, Chicago, Ill., 1871
- Fires -- Illinois | Chicago -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile literature
- Chicago (Ill.) -- History -- To 1875
- Fires -- Illinois | Chicago -- History -- 19th century
- trueHistory books -- United States -- Nineteenth century
- trueChicago, Illinois -- History -- to 1875
- Great Fire, Chicago, Ill., 1871 -- Juvenile literature
- trueFires -- Chicago, Illinois -- History -- 19th century
- trueHistory books -- Natural disasters and tragedies
- Chicago (Ill.) -- History -- To 1875 -- Juvenile literature
- "Did the Great Chicago Fire really start after a cow kicked over a lantern in a barn? Find out the truth in this addition to the What Was? series. On Sunday, October 8, 1871, a fire started on the south side of Chicago. A long drought made the neighborhood go up in flames. And practically everything that could go wrong did. Firemen first went to the wrong location. Fierce winds helped the blaze jump the Chicago River twice. The Chicago Waterworks burned down, making it impossible to fight the fire. Finally after two days, Mother Nature took over, with rain smothering the flames. This overview of a stupendous disaster not only covers the fire but explores the whole history of fire fighting"--
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 8 to 12
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .P37 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- What was--?
- Target audience
ContextContext of What was the Great Chicago Fire?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work What was the Great Chicago Fire?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/2MDOjB65P4s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/2MDOjB65P4s/">What was the Great Chicago Fire?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.forsythpl.org/">Forsyth County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>