The Resource Deep and dark and dangerous
- Deep and dark and dangerous
- Statement of responsibility
- Mary Downing Hahn
- Young adult fiction
- trueThirteen-year-old girls
- trueTeenage girls
- Cousins -- Fiction
- trueFamily relationships
- trueFamily secrets
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueFour-year-old girls
- Georgia Children's Book Award winner
- trueGhost stories
- Ghosts -- Fiction
- trueMothers and daughters
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction
- Secrets -- Fiction
- When thirteen-year-old Ali spends the summer with her aunt and cousin at the family's vacation home, she stumbles upon a secret that her mother and aunt have been hiding for over thirty years. Just before summer begins, 13-year-old Ali finds an odd photograph in the attic. She knows the two children in it are her mother, Claire, and her aunt Dulcie. But who's the third person, the one who's been torn out of the picture? Ali figures she'll find out while she's vacationing in Maine with Dulcie and her four-year-old daughter, Emma, in the house where Ali's mother's family used to spend summers. All hopes for relaxation are quashed shortly after their arrival, though, when the girls meet Sissy, a kid who's mean and spiteful and a bad influence on Emma. Strangest of all, Sissy keeps talking about a girl named Teresa who drowned under mysterious circumstances back when Claire and Dulcie were kids, and whose body was never found. At first Ali thinks Sissy's just trying to scare her with a ghost story, but soon she discovers the real reason why Sissy is so angry. . . . Mary Downing Hahn is at her chilling best in this new supernatural tale that's certain to send shivers down her readers' spines
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Junior Book, 2010.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2010.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades 4-6, 2010.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Intermediate Book Category, 2009.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2010.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2010.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2010.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division I (Grades 3-5), 2011.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2011.
- Awards note
- Georgia Children's Book Award winners, 2009-2010.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Dee 2007
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Deep and dark and dangerous
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Deep and dark and dangerous
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/4B8Oqudlnaw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/4B8Oqudlnaw/">Deep and dark and dangerous</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.forsythpl.org/">Forsyth County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>