The Resource The great Gilly Hopkins
- The great Gilly Hopkins
- Statement of responsibility
- Katherine Paterson
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueMother-separated girls
- Belonging (Social psychology) -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Foster children -- Juvenile fiction
- trueEleven-year-old girls
- trueFoster children
- trueFear in children
- Foster home care -- Juvenile fiction
- Defense mechanisms (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFoster home care
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBooks to movies
- Watch out world! The Great Gilly Hopkins is looking for a home. She's a foster kid who's been angry, lonely, and hurting for so long that's she's always ready for a fight. Be on the lookout for her best barracuda smile, the one she saves for well-meaning social workers. Watch out for her most fearful look, a cross between Dracula and Godzilla, used especially to scare shy foster brothers. Don't be fooled by her "Who me?" expression, guaranteed to trick foster parents, teachers, and anyone who gets in her way. It's Gilly Hopkins vs. the world! And so far, Gilly seems to be winning. But what she doesn't realize is that every time she wins, she really loses, until she discovers a love as formidable as any enemy she's ever known
- Garden State Children's Book Award (New Jersey), Children's Fiction, 1981.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 1981.
- Iowa Children's Choice Award, 1981.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 1981.
- National Book Award for Children's Books, 1979.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas), 1981.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 8-12
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Gr 2016
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The great Gilly Hopkins
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The great Gilly Hopkins
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/6Enz50uIzyo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/6Enz50uIzyo/">The great Gilly Hopkins</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.forsythpl.org/">Forsyth County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>