The Resource The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- Statement of responsibility
- Ann Brashares
- trueTeenage girls -- Personal conduct
- trueTeenage girls -- Friendship
- trueTeenage boy/girl relations
- trueTeen chick lit
- trueRealistic fiction
- Juvenile materials
- Jeans (Clothing) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- trueGrowing up
- trueBest friends
- Best friends -- Juvenile fiction
- Bethesda (Md.) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBlue jeans
- trueBooks to movies
- trueComing-of-age stories
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction
- trueElectronic books
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- During their first summer apart, four teenage girls, best friends since earliest childhood, stay in touch through a shared pair of secondhand jeans that magically adapts to each of their figures and affects their attitudes to their different summer experiences. Carmen got the jeans at a thrift shop. They didn't look all that great; they were worn, dirty, and speckled with bleach. On the night before she and her friends part for the summer, Carmen decides to toss them. But Tibby says they're great. She'd love to have them. Lena and Bridget also think they're fabulous. Lena decides they should all try them on. Whoever they fit best will get them. Nobody knows why, but the pants fit everyone perfectly. Even Carmen (who never thinks she looks good in anything), thinks she looks good in the pants. Over a few bags of cheese puffs they decide to form a sisterhood, and take the vow of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ... the next morning, they say good-bye. And now the journey of the pants--and the most memorable summer of their lives--begins
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2003.
- Book Sense Book of the Year for Children's Literature, 2002.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2004.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2004.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2004.
- Heartland Award, 2003.
- Iowa Teen Award, 2004.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2002.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 2004.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2004.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Senior, 2004.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2001
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2009
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2002
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Sis 2001eb
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/8w8fQJzCOr8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/8w8fQJzCOr8/">The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.forsythpl.org/">Forsyth County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>