The Resource A night divided
- A night divided
- Statement of responsibility
- Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Young adult fiction
- true1960s -- 1960 -- 1969
- Berlin (Germany) -- Fiction
- Berlin (Germany) -- History -- 1945-1990 -- Fiction
- trueBerlin Wall
- Berlin Wall, Berlin, Germany, 1961-1989 -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBerlin, Germany -- History -- 1945-1990
- trueEast Germany -- History -- 20th century
- trueFamilies -- East Germany
- Family life -- Fiction
- Germany (East) -- Fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- truePreteen girls
- trueSeparated friends, relatives, etc
- "With the rise of the Berlin Wall, twelve-year-old Gerta finds her family suddenly divided. She, her mother, and her brother Fritz live on the eastern side, controlled by the Soviets. Her father and middle brother, who had gone west in search of work, cannot return home. Gerta knows it is dangerous to watch the wall, to think forbidden thoughts of freedom, yet she can't help herself. She sees the East German soldiers with their guns trained on their own citizens; she, her family, her neighbors and friends are prisoners in their own city. But one day, while on her way to school, Gerta spots her father on a viewing platform on the western side, pantomiming a peculiar dance. Then, when she receives a mysterious drawing, Gerta puts two and two together and concludes that her father wants Gerta and Fritz to tunnel beneath the wall, out of East Berlin. However, if they are caught, the consequences will be deadly. No one can be trusted. Will Gerta and her family find their way to freedom?"--Back cover
- Beehive Young Adult Book Award (Utah), 2017.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2018.
- California Young Reader Medal, Middle School, 2018.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2017.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2019.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2019.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2018.
- Awards note
- Lone Star 2016-2017.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 8-12
- Interest level
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Series statement
- Scholastic Gold
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Reading Counts RC
- Target audience
ContextContext of A night divided
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A night divided
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/NH93DkUdc1E/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/NH93DkUdc1E/">A night divided</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.forsythpl.org/">Forsyth County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>