The Resource The Lie Tree
- The Lie Tree
- Statement of responsibility
- by Frances Hardinge
- Young adult fiction
- trueGender role
- Lies -- Fiction
- trueFathers -- Death
- Mystery and detective stories
- trueMagic trees
- Fathers -- Death -- Fiction
- Sex role -- Fiction
- trueVictorian era (1837-1901). -- 1837 -- 1901
- Detective and mystery stories
- Great Britain -- History -- Victoria, 1837-1901 -- Fiction
- trueFantasy mysteries
- trueTeenage girls
- trueHistorical fantasy
- On an island off the south coast of Victorian England, fourteen-year-old Faith investigates the mysterious death of her father, who was involved in a scandal, and discovers a tree that feeds upon lies and gives those who eat its fruit visions of truth
- On an island off the south coast of Victorian England, Faith investigates the mysterious death of her father, who was involved in a scandal. She discovers a tree that bears fruit only when she whispers a lie to it-- and the fruit, in turn, delivers a hidden truth. Does the tree hold the key to her father's murder? Or will it lead the murderer to Faith herself?
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2017
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2017
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2016
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2016.
- Costa Book of the Year Award, 2015
- Costa Children's Book Award, 2015.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- USBBY Outstanding International Book, 2017.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Li 2016
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Lie Tree
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Lie Tree
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/cucN2ZORuoQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.forsythpl.org/resource/cucN2ZORuoQ/">The Lie Tree</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.forsythpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.forsythpl.org/">Forsyth County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>